Tuesday, August 24, 2010

3 Things To Do with Your Blog Today (31DBBB#2)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidreber

Today's challenge is all about making lists. Great! I love lists! I already
have a few in All Simple Living. But none yet for this blog?!?

Let me start of with a list that can help you jumpstart your blogging.
Something simple that you can do TODAY.

3 Things To Do with Your Blog Today

1. Make a new post
I know this sounds "duh". But you'd be surprised at how many "stale"
blogs are out there. I should know, Im sometimes guilty of going on
for days without a new post! Basically, you need to post something
new so people have a reason to go back to your blog.

Did I say "reason"? Yes you read that right, "REASON". People have
lives! It would help if your posts provided some value to your readers.
Something that would inspire, educate, motivate, provide laughter,
provide comic relief, etc. Otherwise, there are a million other blogs out
there for them to visit.

2. Place a picture in your post
Pictures help "whet the appetite" of readers. It's not really a must for
everyone. There are many successful blogs out there that do not
employ the use of pictures. Personally, I think pictures are an effective
way of enhancing peoples' reading experience.

The next question usually is… Where to get the pictures? Jomar has
a good how to on the wheres, whys and hows of putting pictures in
your posts. You can click here.

3. Promote your post
If you want people to read your blog, you have to do this! How else
will people know you exist?

It doesn't have to be complicated. You can do the serious promoting
later on; when you're ready. For now, a friendly reminder in your email,
Facebook page, forum visit, etc. that you blog is all that is needed.

I hope you guys enjoyed going through my 3 Things To Do with Your
Blog Today. Send me a comment. I'd love to hear how this list has
helped you.

2 comments: