Monday, April 4, 2011

Chronicles of a Digital Storyteller

Image courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/mynameisharsha


"Digital Storytelling is the modern expression of the ancient art of storytelling.
Digital stories derive their power by weaving images, music, narrative and 

voice together, thereby giving deep dimension and vivid color to characters, 
situations, experiences, and insights."
- Leslie Rule, Digital Storytelling Association

I am a Work-At-Home-Mom who wears many hats. Most of the time I am a
wife and a mom, sometimes I am a Virtual Assistant, sometimes I am an
entrepreneur, and apparently, I am sometimes a Digital Storyteller.

As a blogger, I am inspired to use images, presentations, videos etc that will
enhance the message that Im sharing with my readers. It can be a challenging
task. Finding a picture is easy. Finding a picture that captures a story / an
emotion / or an idea is hard.

Ideally, you use your own pictures, presentations, videos etc. However, you
may not always have something suitable to use. That's where the Creative
Commons license comes in. I recommend that you use Flickr photos with a
Creative Commons to use commercially and to modify, adapt or build upon.
This ensures that your blogs are safe from copyright issues.

I do not know what the future holds for my blogs. There are many things
that I have yet to blog about; people, events, places, food, culture, lifestyle,
home, education, plus plus plus. It doesn't matter. I am quite content providing
chronicles of modern day life as we know it AKA being a Digital Storyteller.

No comments:

Post a Comment